Here at Kendricks Creek UMC, we confess the same belief that has been shared across thousands of years of orthodox Church History.
- We believe in one God revealed to his creation in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, both fully God and fully man, who for us and for our salvation came down from heaven. On the cross, Jesus atoned for the sins of humanity. Three days later, God raised Him from the dead. Now He lives and reigns with God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the only sure way of salvation is to confess one’s sin and to trust in Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord.
- We believe one day Jesus will return to earth in triumph. He will receive all believers into His eternal Kingdom that is already breaking into the world.
- We believe the Bible was inspired by God and contains all things necessary for salvation. When read under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the Bible is our true rule and guide for faith and practice.
For more on United Methodist beliefs, go here.